Last weekend I fulfilled one of my goals of being here in SA...I learned (attempted) to surf! And I did it in the Indian ocean no less! It was really fun, but also very hard and I came away with SERIOUS board burns that I am still recovering from. I hope to try again in the future and get all the way up on the board.
After surfing, Ashleigh and I went to the local market and got all sorts of cool souvenirs. The sellers have beautiful, handmade things that are so inexpensive they are hard to pass up. My favorite thing that I got is a painting of a sunset and elephants moving across a plain. It's gorgeous.
On Sunday I visited a local church and it was absolutely amazing. The preacher was so convicted and everyone was incredibly welcoming. When we got back to AE we all prepared to go paintballing!
I have never been because I have always been very scared, but I thought, what the heck?! I might as well get over my fear in SA! So I did, and it was soooo much fun! granted it did hurt, but it was fun none-the-less. I have some major battle-wounds on my legs....my brother would be proud. :)
This week has been a good week, but also challenging. I had to turn in my first term paper in Life and Teachings of Jesus. But now that is done and I can enjoy my weekend!
The D-group I joined started up this week. My leader is the amazing Megan Goeman! She is absolutely fantastic and such an incredible woman of God. I can't wait to be challenged by her and her love for God.
Tomorrow we are taking a field trip to Shakaland, a replica of a traditional Zulu tribe. I am very excited about this. It is supposed to be very interesting. I will tell you all about it in my next post!
Love you all and Happy Valentines Day!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment